Be Aware Of Air Conditioning Fees and Costs.
Air Conditioning Fees and Costs.
When purchasing a new cooling system or you are needing repairs, we tell you to watch out for hidden AC costs. We say this because most contractors set their own costs so you might get over charged. We are going to make sure you have a guide to work this system and be prepared.
Today we will discuss the average costs within the systems. This will give you a better idea of what you can expect to pay when repairing or replacing your air conditioner.
Repairs and Costs for Air Conditioning repair.
When we look at the costs for an AC repair, the costs can vary. The reason that is because the type of repair can be from something small like a condensate drain tube to replacing the compressor.
The average cost for AC repairs runs from $250 to $350 depending on your area.
Some common repairs are
- Filter – Changing your filer is one of the most important things you can do. Please make sure you keep up on this. O’Fallon, Mo has a lot of new construction so your house is breathing in alot of different things. Your filter is the net to catching bad bugs and keeping your air clean.
- Drainage – Same as the filter, the drain likes can become clogged with dust, dirt and debris. When it is clogged, the pan will fill up and water can leak out and cause major damage.
- Refrigerant leaks – When the Air Conditioner leaks, the unit will not do its normal routine. This can cause the temperature to show irregularities. Depending on the location of the leak, it can affect the cost of the repair.
- Capacitors – Without a good capacitor, the motor that is designed to power the compressor and fans will fail. A capacitor sends electricity to start the motor, then a second capacitor sends burst of current to keep the motor working.
- Thermostat – A very common repair is the thermostat. Having a digital thermostat will save you time, money and energy. With some digital thermostat you can operate them from your phone. It is great.
- Contactor – Inside your AC, there is contactors for your compressor, blower motor and condenser fan motor. Together they make the electrical connection that starts the motor and compressor.
- Evaporator coils – Your evaporator coil is absorbing heat in the air and sending it back into the house as cold air. It does this through your air ducts. A coil can become corroded.
- Condenser Coil – Located on the outside of the compressor is the condenser coil. They can easily become dirty since they are on the outside. You can easily clean them by spraying them off.
- Fuses – your fuse safeguards the AC motor or compressor from overheating. Usually when a motor dies the first part a HVAC tech looks at is the breaker.
- Compressor – Your compressor sends energy to the refrigerant and pushes it through your coil to the heat exchange. If the compressor is not working, the AC unit will not cool your home.
Remember outside of the repair, your HVAC Company charges a service fee. The fee usually includes the time and labor they put into working on your system. On average, a service fee runs from $50 to $150 depending on your area. If it is a holiday or after hours the fee can increase.
Cost for New Air Conditioning Installation
When looking at an AC installation cost, they can be quite a bit. Remember purchasing a new air conditioner is an investment to your home and comfort. Usually new systems can last between 10 and 20 years. This means having an inspection in the coil and hot season. A newer system is very efficient as well. This means it can help lower your monthly energy bills.Looking at new systems will vary by your location. A new AC system can run between $3500 and $10,000. The system its self makes up most of the portion of the ac costs. You also have to remember labor and other fees required to do the install are factored into this cost as well.