Got an AC Leak?
Call The Experts At No Problem!
It never crosses your mind but that air conditioner moves a lot of cold air. As long as it comes on and kicks off when requested the air conditioner leaking does not cross your mind. It might cause a little confused though when there is a swampy water mess underneath the unit outside or indoor next to the evaporator unit. We will go through AC leaks and explain unnecessary or unexpected repairs.
AC Leaks Explained
Remember only a certified heating and cooling specialist will be able to diagnose a problem with your St Charles, MO air conditioner. If a large amount of water is still visible after a 24 hr period contact us. Here are some reasons why your air conditioner might be leaking.
- There could be a blockage in the condensate drain pipe and then can force water to back up and out of the drain pan.
- A dirty air filter. This can cause restricted airflow to the coil. The coil can freeze then cause water to spill out of the condensate drain pan.
- A simple crack in the air conditioner condensate drain pan allows water to leak out of the air conditioner.
- Low refrigerant can cause the evaporator coil to become a lot colder than normal and cause a freeze up.
This Is When An AC Leak Isn’t A Problem.
Always remember that weather can play a huge role for the system. An air conditioner leaking is normal in a sense. Here are a few times you don’t have to be alarmed.
- On a hot St. Charles MO day three more than likely will be a small amount of water around the air conditioner. Most systems automatically recycle water so this is seen often.
- You could notice a small amount of water around the condensate drain pipe. Again, St. Louis is known for its crazy hot weather and humidity. Improvise. If the water does not go away or grows larger, it might be time to give us a call.
Things to Do If You Discover your Air Conditioner Leaking
The same small air conditioner maintenance tactics come back to play. Try checking or changing the air filter. You can also bleach the condensate line. Normally these will fix the leak. If not the problem could be more extensive. It would be worth it to call the contractor. Finding water is no reason to panic. Follow these simple steps and do a self-diagnostic to see if you need to take further steps.
Air Conditioner Leaking from New Installation.
If you have recently had a newer air conditioner installed, the problem can simply due to the installation process. We have seen improperly designed condensate traps that stop the condensate from draining.
If you are just not sure how to fill out an appointment, we will have an NPM expert call you right away. Call today!