Keep HVAC Maintenance at the top of your mind.
We are going to discuss Heating and Cooling Maintenance tips! This will help you with yearly maintenance and saving money year over year. Take care of your HVAC system and it will take care of you. Your system is one of the most expensive appliances in your home. It’s best to get ahead of any issues a system might run into.
Have you scheduled your Heating and Cooling Maintenance appointment this spring? It is something people often forget about. It is vital to keep your HVAC system tuned each year, this will keep you ahead of any major repairs.
Why is it important to do HVAC maintenance?
The reason we do preventative heating and Cooling Maintenance is so you can keep your HVAC system running in top shape all season long with no surprises. How often do you go into the basement and admire your system? Probably never. You could have the best system the world has to offer and still have to worry about repairs. Many issues can happen when the season’s change, the pilot light going out is an important one we are sure you have heard of. Check your calendar and set a date to have it inspected. It will be worth your time.
HVAC Maintenance and Tune-Ups.
Change Your Air Filter– Replacing your old filter is an easy task. It helps prevent the build-up of dirt and dust in the ventilation system while improving air quality. Having a clean filter will reduce the energy used to heat and cool your home. They say you can change the filter every three months. I would just check it monthly and see how it’s doing. If you live in a new subdivision or in the country you might be changing it a bit more. Id recommended a nice HEPA filter if you have pets, allergies or smoke.
Service Your Air Conditioner– Most of the time when an issue starts to happen to your system you never know about it. I would recommend having your system service one in the spring and once in the fall. This will allow a tech to come out and look over your system and maybe catch something before it happens. HVAC maintenance is preventative!
Keep Your Outdoor Unit Clean– Your outdoor AC is beat all day long by the heat. In order for your system to live a long healthy life, you have to take care of the outside. One of the best things you can do is clean it with your hose yearly. Make sure you do not have any debris surround it either.
Look For Ac Leaks- You can look over the lines of your outdoor unit for leaks. If you notice a leak, it would be wise to get it fixed immediately. Losing Freon can really start causing problems with your system as well. A trained technician will only be able to fix your problem, unless you are handy you can give it a go.
Open Your Vents– The Air Conditioner is designed to work a certain way. We want air to be able to pass through your vents. If possible you should try to make sure all vents are open. This allows the system to flow smoothly. When one vent is closed it causes a backup in the air ducts then the flow is messed up.
- Longer equipment life: Regular maintenance can add years to your system. No one wants to be replacing a system every year. It will get old very fast. You can also clean your system with a vacuum. Take off the panel of your furnace and vacuum inside and out.
- Fewer repairs: Simply doing a maintenance plan in the spring can also help prevent those small annoying repairs as well. A frayed belt can cause awful noises. If it is repaired in time, you will avoid a major headache of it snapping inside while running. A system that is running efficiently will likely give you less of a headache.
- Lower energy bills: Yes, just by doing maintenance on the unit it can help you monthly. We also check your furnace filter as well. Over time a unit running with problems can cause it to run harder or longer. This will most definitely affect your monthly bill.
- Smaller chance of a major repair: Just like your car. Catching small issues before they turn catastrophic is very important. You always change your oil and check your filter. Changing the filter and keeping up with maintenance is just as important!
- Safer equipment operation: We do not want you breathing in harmful air. We have seen some systems that have spewed out terrible things into the air. Remember the HVAC system controls what you breathe in every day and night. I do not know about you but I would rather have clean air to breathe. We can see if the house is getting restricted airflow. We can check the air coming out as well.
- Increased Durability– Think of your car, regular maintenance extends the lifespan of your vehicle. This will allow your car to stay on the road longer. The same goes for your AC.
Give Your HVAC System A Break.
- Buy a programmable thermostat.
- Reduce the temp in the house before going to sleep.
- On beautiful days, open the windows and turn on some fans.
- If no one is home, turn off your system completely.
We want to keep your system running perfectly. This is where we come out and we go over your entire system and check for any flaws. If we see any problems with the system, we will let you know immediately. Heating and Cooling Maintenance is always unpredictable so get a step ahead of expensive repair bills down the road.